This mini-mission comes in two parts and you can choose to do one or the other or both if you wish.
For the last couple of weeks i have added yoga to my routine. I only do about 15 minutes, twice a week, but it is the best I can do for now.
- Try some simple yoga stretches for 15 minutes, at least once in the next 7 days.
- I am using this yoga video –
For the last couple of weeks i have set myself a step count goal for each day. My goal will seem very low to the average person, but on my bad days i want to still be able to complete the goal. My goal is 360 steps per day – and i do this, even on the bad days by walking with the cats in the evenings. My Goal is to add 40 steps per weeks until i can walk a mile, approximately 3,500 steps-a-day every day.
- Decide the number of steps is appropriate for you, even on your worst days.
- Write it down – a Goal is not a Goal unless you write it down.
- Buy, borrow or download a Pedometer App to count your steps or walk the same distance every day and counts your actual steps. I find it easier to count every alternate step and count in 2’s.
- Write it down.
- Work out before you begin by how much you are going to increase your goal by each week.
- If you miss a day, count it as a missed day and get up and get on with it the following day.