Sarah @ A Life Less Physical wrote and article that appeared on her blog and on ‘New Lifeoutlook; Fibromyalgia ~ 18 Things Physical, Mental and Emotional Things Fibro Feels Like’ and it rang do true to where i am right now that i thought i would gather it from both sites and share it here
– my reply to Sarah post was ‘I need to print out this list and read it at length to every health care i come across, every time i speak to them – i was sleeping but the pain work me up with a jolt ;(‘
- “My muscles feel like I went to Body Pump last night, and then squeezed in a spin class before work this morning.
- My knee joints feel so painful I think they’re about to come apart, like a raggedy old doll who’s been pulled in too many directions too many times.
- My fingers hurt with every touch of the keyboard, like I broke them months ago and the bones haven’t recovered properly.
- It feels like my muscles are bubbling away under my skin, tiny little spasms that last for hours.
- Walking feels like I’m wading through mud up to my thighs and all I want to do is lie down in it.
- I am so tired that my eyes are stinging. I feel like I’ve been awake for 72 hours straight, when, in actual fact, I’ve been asleep for most of that time.
- I feel like I’m learning to speak a new language — my head feels completely empty as it searches for words, and I when I finally find the words I can’t put them in order.
- I feel sad and disappointed. Even though I know and understand the pain cycle, it’s like I somehow thought this time would be different.
- My head feels so heavy and my neck feels as weak as a thin twig, like it can’t possibly hold the weight of my concrete skull….(you can read the rest here)
NB: The results of my x-rays were normal, no broken bones, no arthritis. However, I am still in pain – the Dr (very nice) prescribed Buprenorphine patches to add to the pain relief pills i am already taking. As it is getting to the point where i would like to chop my arms and legs off, anything that may help, I will at least give it a go!!!