aka (all-s0-known-as) What other people think you should do when you tell them you are Time Rich, but Energy Poor and you are Bored!!!!
I have in the past made comments to a friend of mine and to a daughter or two that i am having a bad day and i am soooo tired, but i am bored. Do they recommend some delight for me to fill my time? Not usually any that are useful and sleeping all day will often result in me not sleeping all night, although i am partial to naps during the day, sleeping all day is not good, unless i have migraine.
These are the things that have been suggested –
- take a nap (done that)
- have a shower…yes, but are you going to come and dry and dress me and put me back to bed afterwards?
- go to the local library…blank stare
- go to your favourite coffee shop…even bigger blank stare
- visit the art gallery…bog-eyed blank stare
- go for a walk…(this one is my favourite) this is what i would like to say back, but never do ‘are you coming to dress me, then when i get back undress me and put me back to bed?’an unfathomable stare…I mean, i don’t mind walking down the garden in my pyjamas, but i am not about to walk down the street in them, even if it appears to be trendy at the moment to do so. No. Just NO!
I am not a normal person…please stop seeing me as a normal person…i am sorry i have a invisible, chronic condition, but it just the way it is, be grateful it’s not catching!
So what to do when you are TIME RICH, But Energy poor…
- eat – today i managed cereal, orange juice, fruit bread, boiled eggs, toast (which i had to make twice as i managed to burn the first lot black because even though i was stood next to it, i forgot about it, I don’t mind dark brown toast, but there is a limit) and a microwaveable chocolate pudding.
- stay hydrated
- have a bath/shower if you can and invest in a extra large snuggly towel so you can air dry while staying warm and who needs clothes anyway!
- laptops or iPad are an amazing invention, but small amount often works best
- read – i find a kindle easier than a book as i can stand it up and read it rather than having to hold it in my hands
- watch a film or a favourite TV program
- do some light crafting, knitting, sewing, etc. even a small amount moves time along
- adult colouring books – do i need to say more
- more sleep
- stop telling yourself that if you can make yourself ‘do’ when you know that you really cannot ‘do’ then…????
- meditate or relaxation – forget about sitting double-crossed legged and all that
- eat chocolate, buy your absolute favourite and save it for such an occasion.
- remember this too will pass
And when it has passed and you tell a daughter or two or a friend that you had a bad day, they often ask me why you didn’t tell me? Well, this is the reason – ‘it is just too tiring to talk.’